It is Roundtrip's policy to respect your privacy regarding any personal information we may collect from you through this website and any other sites, services, and products we own and operate.
What is "personal information?"
What is "personal information?"
How do we get information about you?
We receive information about you when:
- You give it to us directly (e.g., when you create an account or sign up for a newsletter).
- We currently use Google Analytics, which places a cookie on your device, to obtain metrics on how users engage with our websites. This helps us to improve site content.
- We may use other metrics tools from time to time, on an experimental basis. For example, we may do this to help evaluate a new metrics tool, or test existing metrics collection.
- You engage with our social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, we may receive personal information about you. If you use these networks, their privacy policies apply, and you are encouraged to read them.
If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination of both to be personal information. However, if we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining information is considered non-personal.
What do we do with your information once we have it?
We use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you. When you give us information, we will only use it in the ways for which you have given us permission. Our marketing communications are optional to receive and you can always unsubscribe from the footer of the email.
When do we share your information with others?
We share information about you when:
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you, but only if those entities receiving your information are contractually obligated to handle the data in ways that are approved by Roundtrip.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit. We'll notify you when we're asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we're legally prohibited from doing so. If/when we receive requests like this, we'll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party's request to disclose your information.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We implement physical, business and technical security measures. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach, we'll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We also don't want your personal information for any longer than we need it, so we only keep it long enough to do what we collected it for. Once we don't need it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it longer. Currently our information is stored on computers based in North America. We also use service providers whose computers are in North America. If you are under 13, we don't want your personal information, and you must not provide it to us. If you are a parent and believe that your child who is under 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us to have your child's information removed.
We may need to change this policy and our notices as our company and product offerings grow. We will post these updates. If the changes are substantive, we will announce the update through Roundtrip’s usual channels for such announcements such as blog posts and social media. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page. Just so you don’t have to scroll up, it’s currently effective: September 26, 2019
If you want to make a correction to your information, or you have any questions about our privacy policies, please get in touch with:
Roundtrip Systems Inc.
Attn: Legal Notices - Privacy
50 Carroll St
Toronto, ON M4M 3G3
And if you've made it this far, thanks! It's obvious you care about privacy as much as we do here at Roundtrip.